Corn & Seafood Chowder Dip
- Prep 5 m
- Cook 30 m
- Total 35 m
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Fiesta Ranch Dips Mix
- 2 strips thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- ¾ cup small diced potato
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 ounces fresh salmon fillet
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1. Place bacon in the bottom of a medium-size pot over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fat has rendered out and the bacon is crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat. Add garlic and onions to the bacon fat and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add thyme and stir to incorporate. Stir in potatoes and add vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes have softened. In the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add salmon filet and corn. Remove from heat, flake fish with a fork, and pour off (or strain) the remaining liquid in the pot. Discard liquid.
- 2. Mix contents of dips packet with sour cream. When the chowder ingredients are cool, stir into the sour cream mixture, along with the parsley and reserved bacon. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to meld flavors and thicken.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.