Crisp-Roasted Ranch Chicken with Leeks and Zucchini
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 35 m
- Total 50 m
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Season the chicken with 1½ tsp. of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix and black pepper on both sides.
- 3. In a large, oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil until very hot but not smoking. Place the chicken thighs in the pan, skin side down. Cook, without touching, until the skin is crisp and golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 4. Add the leeks to the pan and cook until just beginning to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, season with the remaining ranch seasoning and a bit of black pepper, and stir for another 1-2 minutes.
- 5. Nestle the chicken, skin side up, into the vegetables. Transfer the entire pan back into the oven and roast until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through, about 18-22 minutes.