Crispy Mashed Potato Balls
- Prep 25 m
- Cook 18 m
- Total 43 m
- 4 cups cooked russet potatoes (can use leftovers if available)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup bread crumbs (or panko, either will work)
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1. Mash together the potatoes, butter, all but one tablespoon of dressing mix, flour and eggs. Once smooth, mix in shredded cheddar.
- 2. Mix together the bread crumbs with the tablespoon of ranch dressing mix you reserved earlier.
- 3. Take small dollops of the potatoes (a tablespoon or a little less), and roll them into balls. Drop a few balls at a time into the crumb mix. Roll around to cover completely. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Carefully place balls into hot oil and flip until all sides are golden and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Tip: Mashed Potato Balls can also be baked. Simply place on parchment lined baking sheets, spray with cooking oil, and bake for 9-10 minutes in 400 F until golden and crispy.