Crunchy Veggie Ranch Egg Salad
Write a review
- ½ cup peas, cooked and cooled
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 green onions, chopped, greens only
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1. Place chopped eggs in a medium bowl, and mash gently with a fork until pieces are small and uniform. Add green onions, carrot, celery and peas and toss with a spoon. Top with relish and Hidden Valley ® The Original Ranch ® and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. For school lunch: pack in small reusable container with a side of whole grain crackers or melba toasts for dipping, spreading, or scooping. Or make it into a sandwich with whole grain bread. (Note: Be sure to include a small ice pack in lunch whenever sending perishable items to school!)
- 2. Tips/Notes:
• This recipe is a crunchy egg salad, brimming with fresh veggies and the Hidden Valley taste kids love.
• For adult lunches, add some zing with a dash of hot pepper sauce.
• Send along a 1” square slice of red pepper to make an edible scoop!
• This recipe works great using leftover chicken cut into cubes, or leftover rotisserie chicken.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.