Dressed Up BLT
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 12-inch French baguettes halved lengthwise
- 1 medium tomato thinly sliced, halved
- ½ small onion thinly sliced, separated into rings
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 small avocado peeled, pitted, diced
- 2 to 4 large Romaine lettuce leaves washed, dried, center rib removed
- 6 slices bacon cooked
- 1. Whisk together sour cream, eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Divide baguette halves, cut sides down, between two 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dishes. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread in each baking dish, about 1½ cups egg mixture in each baking dish. Cover, refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove baking dishes from refrigerator. Place baguettes on a tray. Discard any excess liquid from dishes. Wash and wipe out baking dishes. Spray bottoms of baking dishes with nonstick spray. Place baguettes back in dishes, cut sides up. Turn oven to 350°F. Place dishes in oven. Bake 35–40 minutes, or until tops are puffed and lightly golden.
- 3. Toss together tomatoes and onions in a shallow bowl or pie plate. If desired, season with salt and pepper.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix dressing and mashed avocado, creating a chunky spread.
- 5. Once French toast is removed from oven, transfer baguette bottoms to a large platter. Spread some of the avocado spread over bottoms. Assemble as follows: lettuce, bacon, tomato mixture. Divide remaining avocado spread between baguette tops. Place baguette tops cut sides down on tomato mixture.
- 6. Quarter French toast BLTs. Serve warm
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.