Easy Comfort Breakfast Bread
Courtesy of Taste and Tell
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 50 m
- Total 1 h 5 m
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package Hidden Valley® Fiesta Ranch Dips Mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 12 oz. bulk breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and dip mix.
- 3. In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, eggs, yogurt and buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- 4. Fold in the cooked sausage, cheese and green chiles. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 45–50 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.