Prep: 15 m | Cook: 15 m
Fish with Hidden Valley Ranch Tartar Sauce
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 15 m
- Total 30 m
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup sweet pickles chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1½ pounds white fish fillets, (sole, flounder, snapper or turbot)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, pickles and seasoning mix, and stir until well blended. Chill covered for 1 hour.
- 2. Place the bread crumbs and egg on each of two large plates. Dip the fillets in egg, then lightly coat with the bread crumbs.
- 3. Heat the oil in a large deep skillet to a temperature of 350°F. Fry the fillets for about 4 to 5 minutes in each side, or until golden. With a spatula or slotted spoon remove the fillets from the pan to drain on a bed of paper towels. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- 4. Serve with chilled sauce and lemon wedges.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.