- ½ cup reduced-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ each bell pepper (red, green, yellow), finely diced
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Buttermilk Dressing
- ½ cup reduced-fat cream cheese (tub)
- 1 beaten egg yolk with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tube (7.5 ounce) refrigerator buttermilk biscuits (10 per tube)
- 5 slices tomato
- flour for dusting surface, rolling pin
- grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- sliced black olives
- multi-color bell peppers cut into shapes (such as stars, half moons, zig-zags)
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- 2. In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, Hidden Valley® Ranch Light Buttermilk Salad Dressing, mozzarella cheese, diced bell peppers, and carrots until well combined; set aside.
- 3. Open the biscuits and separate. Sprinkle flour over a clean dry surface. Take a rolling pin, and roll each biscuit into a 4” circle. Using a pastry brush, brush some of the egg yolk mixture around the edge of each circle.
- 4. Spread a heaping tablespoon of the cheesy-ranch mixture onto five biscuit circles, then put a tomato slice on top. Place one of the remaining biscuit circles on top of each filled circle. Stretch the top circle to completely cover the bottom circle; press around the edges with the tines of a fork to seal.
- 5. Use a spatula to place each of the flying saucers onto a greased baking sheet. Brush some more of the egg yolk mixture over the tops of each flying saucer and decorate with sliced veggies — use your imagination to create fun designs.
- 6. Bake 15–16 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- 7. Transfer the flying saucers to a wire rack and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.