Fresh Grilled Ranch Trout
Write a review
- ½ package (½ ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 4 steelhead or rainbow trout about 2 pounds each, scaled, cleaned
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1. Preheat the grill using Kingsford® Charcoal with Sure Fire Grooves™.
- 2. Arrange the fish in a single layer on a lightly oiled sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 3. Arrange 3 or 4 onion slices on top of each fish then top with the butter.
- 4. Sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly over the fish.
- 5. Cover the fish with another sheet of foil, and fold edges to seal.
- 6. Cook the fish over indirect heat for 30 minutes.
- 7. Remove the fish from the grill and let stand for 5 minutes before opening the foil and serving.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.