Prep: 1 h 15 m | Cook: 15 m
Fry Ranch Tenders
- Prep 1 h 15 m
- Cook 15 m
- Total 1 h 30 m
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (20 ounces) chicken breast tenders rinsed, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 packets (1 ounce each) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 4 cups flour
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1 packet of seasoning mix with sour cream and stir until well blended. Chill covered until ready to use.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the remaining packet of seasoning mix with the buttermilk and stir until well blended. Combine chicken and buttermilk mixture together in a Glad® Food Storage Zipper Bag. Seal the bag, turn to coat the chicken. Chill for at least 1 hour, overnight is best.
- 3. Remove the chicken from the bag, shake off any remaining buttermilk. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 4. On a large plate, add the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge each of the tenders evenly in the flour mixture.
- 5. In a deep skillet, heat the oil to 365°F. Carefully drop the chicken in the oil a few at a time. Cook the chicken in batches until golden and crispy, draining each batch on a bed of paper towels.
- 6. Serve immediately with the sour cream mixture for dipping.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.