Prep: 15 m | Cook: 5 m
Greek Chicken Gyros
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 5 m
- Total 20 m
- ½ cup cucumber grated
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 cup zucchini halved, cut into half-moon slices
- 1 tomato cut in half, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 grocery store rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pocketless pita or flat bread, pieces
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, onions and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes until onions and zucchini begin to brown, but are still crunchy.
- 2. Add the shredded chicken to the skillet and toss well to combine with the onion and zucchini. Heat through.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine grated cucumber, Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, yogurt, oregano and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- 4. To assemble, spread some of the yogurt mixture onto a warmed pita bread and sprinkle with shredded lettuce and tomato slices. Then place heaping tablespoons of the chicken/vegetable mixture on top.
- 5. Fold in half and serve. Serve the gyro wrapped in wax paper to make it easier to eat.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.