Greek Potato Fritters
- 1/3 cup Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dill dressing
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. frozen, shredded hash browns
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped (optional)
- extra Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dill dressing, for dipping
- 1. Start by dicing the onion very fine.
- 2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and onion. Sauté for 10 minutes or until the onion is golden brown.
- 3. Place fried onion and potatoes in a large bowl. To this same bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- 4. In another small bowl, combine eggs, Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dill dressing and dill. Stir well with a whisk. Add egg mixture to potato mixture. Mix well.
- 5. In a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, spoon about ¼ cup potato mixture for each of 4 fritters into pan. Cook 4–5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with the remaining potato mixture.
- 6. Serve with more of the Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dill dressing as a dipping sauce.
- 7. TIP: Fry the fitters ahead and freeze them. To serve the fritters, all you need to do is toast them under the broiler. There is no need to thaw them first.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.