Grilled Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon minced, fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- grated lime zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup freshly chopped mint
- vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 hamburger buns
- Hidden Valley® Bacon Ranch Dressing
- 8 strips bacon cooked, cut in half
- 1 tomato, sliced
- lettuce leaves torn into pieces
- 1. Combine the jalapeño, ginger, garlic, onion, lime zest, lime juice, parsley and mint in a small bowl. Whisk in the vegetable oil.
- 2. Cut the chicken into 4 equal pieces. Lay each piece between sheets of plastic wrap. Cut the chicken into 4 equal pieces. Lay each piece between sheets of plastic wrap and beat with a mallet to ½-inch thickness. Place the chicken in a resealable plastic food storage bag, add the marinade, and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- 3. Preheat a grill pan or grill to medium.
- 4. Remove the chicken from the marinade and lightly pat it dry. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.and pepper, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 5. Add the chicken to the grill pan and cook for 1½ to 2 minutes. Rotate the chicken 90 degrees to make grill cross marks and cook for another 2 minutes. Then turn the chicken over and repeat, cooking until the chicken is nicely browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total. Remove the chicken from the grill pan and set it aside.
- 6. Brush the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over the insides of the buns, and cook them on the grill pan until toasted. Remove from the pan.them on the grill pan until toasted. Remove from the pan.
- 7. To assemble: Spread 1 tablespoon of the dressing on each sandwich. Add a piece of grilled chicken, 4 pieces of bacon, tomato slices, and lettuce to each half, and cover with the tops. Serve immediately.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.