Prep: 10 m | Cook: 15 m
Grilled Romaine Salad with Smoked Trout and Perfect Eggs
Courtesy of Mila Furman from Girl and the Kitchen
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 15 m
- Total 25 m
- 4 heads romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed and cut in half
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, 2% or full fat
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 oz. smoked trout or other smoked fish
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat grill to high.
- 2. Brush romaine with olive oil on all sides.
- 3. Sprinkle with salt and plenty of ground pepper. (The pepper helps bring together the smoky flavors of the romaine.)
- 4. Grill the intact romaine for 4–5 minutes on each side or until beautifully grilled.
- 5. In the meantime, add Greek yogurt to 1 packet of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Salad® Dips Mix. Add water if you desire to thin it out a bit. Use half of the dressing made and refrigerate the rest for another time.
- 6. Immediately place the grilled romaine lettuce onto a platter.
- 7. Break up the smoked fish with your hands and place on top of the romaine.
- 8. Add hard-boiled eggs, that have been quartered, tomatoes and avocado.
- 9. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately to preserve the crunchy exterior and sweet interior.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.