- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 green pepper seeded, cut in half
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 2 red onions cut into ½-inch rings
- 4 slices Texas toast (use regular sliced white bread, if Texas toast is unavailable)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
Heat charcoal grill.
Combine the tomatoes and cucumbers in a large bowl and set aside. Once grill is heated, cook onion slices and pepper halves on grill over a hot fire for about five minutes or until the onions start to become transparent and appear charred on the sides. Flip over onions and peppers and continue cooking for about another three minutes.
Place Texas toast slices over heat and toast for several minutes, and then flip and toast the other side for another minute. Watch the toast so it doesn’t burn. The toast should just be a slight brown color with grill marks.
Remove the sliced onions, peppers and toast from the grill and dice into bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch in size. Combine the sliced onions and peppers in the bowl with tomatoes and cucumbers. Add the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dressing, salt and pepper and toss thoroughly to coat all the vegetables with the dressing. Add the toasted bread cubes and toss to combine the flavors. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes before serving so all the flavors meld.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.