Grilled Zucchini and Squash Ribbon Salad
Courtesy of Mila Furman of Girl and the Kitchen
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 7 m
- Total 22 m
- 2 zucchini, washed
- 2 yellow squash, washed
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, 2% or full fat
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 lemons, washed well (one sliced and the other cut in half and zested)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 8–10 leaves fresh basil
- spray oil for the grill
- salt and pepper to taste
- water (optional)
- 1. Use a mandolin or vegetable peeler to thinly slice zucchini and squash. (Do not make them so thin that you can see through them or they will burn quickly on the grill.) Set aside.
- 2. Combine olive oil, honey and garlic powder; whisk to combine. The marinade should not feel sticky. If marinade is sticky, add a few tablespoons of water at a time to thin it out a bit. Taste marinade, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
- 3. Place sliced lemons, zucchini, and squash ribbons in a bag and pour marinade on top. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or up to an hour.
- 4. Preheat grill to medium high. Prepare by spraying with oil for the grill.
- 5. Place zucchini and squash onto the grill and allow to cook for approximately 3–4 minutes on first side and approximately 2–3 minutes on the other side. Watch carefully to ensure they do not burn.
- 6. Place the sliced lemons on the grill next to the zucchini.
- 7. In a bowl, combine 2 cups Greek yogurt, zest of half a lemon and a packet of packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix. Add 2–3 tablespoons of water to thin it out a bit and create a pourable dressing. Use half of the dressing for the salad and refrigerate the remaining dressing for another time.*
- 8. Place the grilled zucchini and squash into a bowl, add tomatoes, fresh basil and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with grilled lemons.
*Extra dressing can be placed in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.