Hidden Valley Calzone
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound mild sausage
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 loaves frozen bread dough thawed
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices cut into quarters
- 8 ounces spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. In a skillet, brown and cook sausage. Drain, and cool on paper towels; discard fat from pan.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine dressing mix, pepperoni and cheeses. Add sausage and mix well.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each bread loaf into a 14 x 9-inch rectangle. Spread ⅓ of the filling over each bread rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border around the dough. Tuck over the borders, and fold sides together, sealing with water. Place calzone, seal side down on the baking sheet. Brush lightly with oil. Bake 35–40 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot slices with warm pizza sauce.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.