Hidden Valley Country French Salad
- Prep 40 m
- Cook 15 m
- Total 55 m
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 teaspoons very dry sherry
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, cut into cubes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce cut into chunks
- 1 pound cooked, thick, sliced roast beef cut into strips
- ½ cup pecans halved, toasted
- 4 slices thick cut, peppered bacon cooked crisp, chopped
- shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing, sherry, and pepper until well blended.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes and peppers together with ¼ cup of the dressing mixture. Arrange the potatoes and peppers in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the potatoes have softened and are crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 4. In a large bowl, add the lettuce, roast beef, sweet potatoes, peppers, pecans, and bacon. Toss with enough of the remaining dressing to evenly coat.
- 5. Serve garnished with the Parmesan cheese.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.