Hidden Valley Holiday Turkey
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 3 h 30 m
- Total 3 h 50 m
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 12-14 pound turkey giblets and liver removed, rinsed well, patted dry
- 2 packets (1 ounce each) Hidden Valley® Buttermilk Recipe Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix the butter together with one of the packets of seasoning mix until well blended.
- 3. With clean hands, carefully separate the breast skin from the breast by moving your hand underneath the skin. Spread the butter mixture evenly under the skin. Sprinkle the remaing packet of seasoning mix all over the turkey.
- 4. Roast the turkey covered for 3 hours, then uncover and cook for another 30 minutes or until juices run clear and an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.