Prep: 20 m | Cook: 55 m
Hidden Valley Ranch Butternut Squash Soup
Prep 20 m
- Cook 55 m
- Total 1 h 15 m
- 1 butternut squash, cut in half
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- salt and pepper, to taste
- bacon bits (for garnish)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush the squash halves with 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil and place on a baking sheet, cut side down and bake for 40 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until flesh is tender. Allow to cool enough to scoop out flesh and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan, cook onion in remaining olive oil over medium heat until tender and starting to turn golden, about 7 minutes. Add stock and water, and bring to a boil. Turn off heat. In large blender, blend together the stock mixture, the squash and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix. Work in batches, pouring soup into a saucepan as you go (be careful not to burn yourself). Stir in half and half. Heat again before serving if needed, or serve immediately. Top with crumbled bacon, if desired.
- 1. Bacon truly is optional; but it is pretty!