Kickin Chicken Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing
Kickin Chicken Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 40 min.
- Main Ingredient Chicken
- Meals & Dishes Salad
This recipe was absolutely delish! I couldn't believe how easy it was to prepare and then the best part was everyone thought I slaved all day.
- ½ cup baby carrots cut in quarters lengthwise
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Cajun spice mix
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 can (2¼ ounces) sliced black olives drained
- 1 large onion cut into ¾-inch thick slices
- 1 bag (8.5 ounces) barbecue flavored potato chips
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) mixed lettuce
- 8 chicken thighs
- Mix Cajun spices and black pepper in small bowl. Reserve half of the mixture for the onions. Season chicken thighs with ½ of spice mixture and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Light grill using Kingsford® briquets. When coals turn to a white ash, add a handful of pre-soaked Kingsford® Hickory Chips. Brush grill grate with oil or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken on grill over indirect heat, covered for 25–30 minutes, or until temperature reaches 175°F–180°F.
- Rub reserved spice mixture on both sides of onion rings and place on grill with chicken for the last 15–20 minutes, until tender but still crispy.
- Remove chicken and onions from grill. Discard chicken skin and remove meat from bone, leaving it in large pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, olives and cheese. Top with chicken and onion rings. Drizzle with barbecue sauce and ranch dressing and line potato chips around outside of bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- *May substitute with two chicken breasts. Grill chicken breasts over direct heat about 24–30 minutes.
For more delicious recipes go to Hiddenvalley.com
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.
Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 10 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by crystal71 Awesome Taste Just made this last night, and NO leftovers. My family could not get enough. 09.22.11
Rated 4 out of 5 by eater9000 Tasted good, but might have overdone chicken. A little tough 06.21.11
Rated 4 out of 5 by Magster Great! This was so yummy! I made it for my husband and I and he loved it! Huge surprise he actually tried it because he hates salad, but throw some bbq chicken and ranch dressing and he loved it! 06.12.11
Rated 4 out of 5 by rodorodo It was yummy This recipe was fun and yummy. It was a dish that the whole family would enjoy every week. 06.09.11
- 2016-05-02 T07:12:46.255-05:00
- bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
- cp-1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_10, tr_10
- loc_en_US, sid_RECIPE_496, prod, sort_default
4 PT10M PT40M 4.1 of 5