- Prep 15 m
- Cook 25 m
- Total 40 m
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 green onions white and green parts, sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken rinsed, patted dry, breast, halves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the seasoning mix and cornstarch and stir until well blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cornstarch mixture evenly over the chicken.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, and brown chicken on both sides.
- 3. In small bowl, stir the chicken broth, lemon juice, sugar, and lemon zest until well blended. Whisk in reserved cornstarch mixture until smooth.
- 4. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the skillet and cook stirring with a wooden spatula, scraping up and remaining brown bits and mixture has thickened.
- 5. Reduce the heat, return the chicken to the skillet and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6. Serve immediately sprinkled with the green onion.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.