Mango Chipotle Carnitas Tacos
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2¾ lb. boneless pork leg
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Farmhouse Originals Mango Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, plus 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1½ cups orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ tsp. cracked pepper
- ⅛ tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 can (12 oz.) 2% evaporated milk
- 1 yellow onion
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 1. Place all ingredients for carnitas, except tortillas, in a slow cooker. Cook for 6 hours on high (or 8 hours on low). Remove meat from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine the mango, onion, avocado, lime juice, jalapeno and chipotle vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3. To serve, warm tortillas and fill each with 2 tablespoons shredded carnitas. Top with mango pico de gallo. Serve warm.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.