Mediterranean Pita Pocket
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 5 m
- Total 15 m
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup corn
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 carrot
- ¼ cup black beans
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg white
- 1½ cup bread crumbs
- fresh parsley
- ¼ - ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 1. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- 2. Stir in corn, scallions and bell pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened but not brown. Add garlic, cumin and cayenne and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 3. Remove from heat and stir in spinach. Add carrot, beans and ⅓ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, stir to combine. Add egg white and season with salt and pepper. Stir in enough bread crumbs so that the mixture holds together.
- 4. Shape mixture into 8 1-inch disks. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 5. Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk ⅔ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, cucumber and parsley until well combined. Cover and refrigerate.
- 6. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick skillet and cook patties until golden brown on each side and warmed through.
- 7. Place two patties inside pita bread and drizzle with dressing.
- 8. Add tomatoes and lettuce if desired.