- Prep 15 m
- Cook 8 h
- Total 8 h 15 m
- 1 3–4 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 stick butter
- 8 pepperoncini
- In a rush? You can swap the flour for one 1 ounce package of dry Au Jus gravy mix and skip the step for browning the meat.
- 1. Season chuck roast generously with salt and pepper. Rub flour evenly over the surface of the meat.
- 2. In a large sauté pan, warm oil over high heat until very hot but not smoking. Sear the roast until browned and crusty on all sides, about 10 minutes total.
- 3. Place roast in the pot of a slow cooker. Pour beef broth around the roast. Sprinkle Ranch seasoning over the roast, place butter on top and scatter pepperoncini over and around the roast. Cover the slow cooker and set on low heat for 7–8 hours.
- 4. When ready, shred the meat and mix with the sauce in the slow cooker. Serve over bread, egg noodles or potatoes.