Prep: 20 m | Cook: 40 m
Moroccan Chicken with Roasted Vegetable Couscous
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 40 m
- Total 1 h
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (16 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounce) garbanzo beans
- 1 can (32 ounce) chicken broth divided
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 medium onion peeled, chopped
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 zucchini cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large carrots peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Prepare the couscous according to package directions and let stand covered.
- 2. In a large heavy pot, over a medium heat, add the half the oil, and cook until shimmering, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or just until browned on all sides.
- 3. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- 4. Pour a little of the chicken stock into the pot and scrape up any brown bits.
- 5. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the onions are translucent.
- 6. Return the chicken to the pot, add the bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne, and stir to mix well.
- 7. Add the 3 cups of the chicken stock, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and carrots, and bring to a boil.
- 8. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 9. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining chicken stock with the seasoning mix until well blended.
- 10. Pour this into the pot, add the zucchini and cook for another 10 minutes until mixture has thickened slightly and is heated through.
- 11. Serve immediately over the couscous.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.