- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (16 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounce) garbanzo beans
- 1 can (32 ounce) chicken broth divided
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 medium onion peeled, chopped
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 zucchini cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large carrots peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
Prepare the couscous according to package directions and let stand covered.
In a large heavy pot, over a medium heat, add the half the oil, and cook until shimmering, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or just until browned on all sides.
Remove the chicken to a plate.
Pour a little of the chicken stock into the pot and scrape up any brown bits.
Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the onions are translucent.
Return the chicken to the pot, add the bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne, and stir to mix well.
Add the 3 cups of the chicken stock, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and carrots, and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk the remaining chicken stock with the seasoning mix until well blended.
Pour this into the pot, add the zucchini and cook for another 10 minutes until mixture has thickened slightly and is heated through.
Serve immediately over the couscous.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.