Prep: 10 m | Cook: 35 m
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 35 m
- Total 45 m
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Creamy Spinach Parmesan Warm Dip & Appetizer Mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- ½ pound ground bratwurst sausage meat (from about 2 links)
- ½ cup German beer
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- 2 8-ounce bricks softened cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1. In a pan set over medium-low heat, melt the butter until foaming. Add the sliced onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Turn heat to high and add sausage meat. Sauté until mostly cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add beer and cook for another 2 minutes, until mostly evaporated. Cool slightly.
- 2. Meanwhile, add softened cream cheese, milk, and contents of dips packet into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, whisk until blended. Place back in microwave and heat for additional 2½ minutes. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- 3. Stir the onion and sausage mixture and the sauerkraut into the prepared dip. Refrigerate or discard any unused portion within 2 hours of heating.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.