Old Mississippi Eggplant French Fries
- Prep 30 m
- Cook 15 m
- Total 45 m
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 eggplants peeled, sliced into 3/4-inch sticks, 4 inches long
- 3 teaspoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1. Salt both sides of eggplant and place on paper towels to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mix milk and eggs until well blended. Combine flour, cornmeal, seasoning and ½ teaspoon salt in wide shallow bowl.
- 3. Heat oil in frying pan on high heat.
- 4. Dip eggplant sticks into egg mixture and then cornmeal mix. Place in oil, flipping regularly and fry 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 5. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.