One-Skillet Savory Ranch Chicken
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 20 m
- Total 35 m
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 28 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups instant rice
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 small jalapeño
- freshly chopped cilantro
- 1. In a bowl, toss the chicken with half of the seasoning mix until well coated.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- 3. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook on all sides for 2 to 3 minutes or just until browned and cooked through (165°F).
- 4. Add the onion, bell pepper and cook stirring for another 2 minutes.
- 5. Add the beans, tomatoes and rice.
- 6. In a small bowl, stir the remaining seasoning mix into the stock until well blended. Pour the stock into the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- 7. Reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes or until all of the stock has been absorbed.
- 8. Sprinkle the jalapeño on top and garnish with cilantro.
- 9. Refrigerate or discard leftovers within two hours of preparation.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.