- 1 ounce Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 28 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups instant rice
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 small jalapeño
- freshly chopped cilantro
In a bowl, toss the chicken with half of the seasoning mix until well coated.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
Add the chicken to the skillet and cook on all sides for 2 to 3 minutes or just until browned and cooked through (165°F).
Add the onion, bell pepper and cook stirring for another 2 minutes.
Add the beans, tomatoes and rice.
In a small bowl, stir the remaining seasoning mix into the stock until well blended. Pour the stock into the skillet and bring to a simmer.
Reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes or until all of the stock has been absorbed.
Sprinkle the jalapeño on top and garnish with cilantro.
Refrigerate or discard leftovers within two hours of preparation.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.