Overstuffed Barbecue Potato
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 3 cups fine shredded cheddar cheese
- 4-6 extra large baked potatoes
- 6-8 slices bacon crumbled
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces whipped butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup chopped, fresh scallions
- 1. Prepare your outdoor grill for indirect heat, by building a charcoal fire on one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Preheat the grill to 450°F.
- 2. Wash the potatoes and wrap them with aluminum foil. Place the wrapped potatoes over the void side of the grill, close the grill lid, and cook for 1½ hours or until the potatoes soften. Remove the potatoes and set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl mix the sour cream and the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix.
- 4. Cut each potato open and add butter, seasoned sour cream, cheese, scallions and bacon bits. For added impact, try topping your overstuffed potatoes with grilled chicken, turkey, beef or pork.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.