Prep: 10 m | Cook: 20 m
Pumpkin Spice Empanadas
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 20 m
- Total 30 m
- 1 package (2 9-in. crusts) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pulp, NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 egg, plus additional egg for brushing the top
- 1½ teaspoons Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Unroll each pie crust onto a lightly floured surface and cut out circles using a 3–3½-inch cookie cutter. You will get 7–8. Lay rounds on a flat surface.
- 3. In a small bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, seasoning mix and egg until well blended. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the mixture into the center of each round, making sure you leave the border around the filling clean.
- 4. Dip your finger in water and run it around the clean edge of the pie dough. Gently fold the empanadas in half. Using the tines of a fork, press down on the edges to seal them.
- 5. In a small bowl, whisk together another egg with water. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with egg mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite Hidden Valley® dressing, for dipping.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.