Ranch Clam Chowder
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 20 m
- Total 40 m
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 can (10 ounces) whole baby clams undrained
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) cream of potato soup
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1. In large saucepan or dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes or until translucient. Add the mushrooms and Worcestershire and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- 2. In a large bowl, add the soup, wine, half-and-half and seasoning mix, and stir until well blended. Pour the soup mixture into the mushrooms and stir until well blended.
- 3. Cook the soup uncovered until it is heated through but not boiling. Stir the clams into the soup and serve garnished with the parsley.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.