Ricey Ranch Eggplant Boats
- Prep 5 m
- Cook 35 m
- Total 40 m
- 1¼ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 eggplant quartered lengthwise
- 1 large leek chopped, white and light green parts only
- 1 diced tomato
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- ¼ cup (approximately) olive oil for roasting and sauteeing
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Scoop out about 2/3 of the flesh of the eggplant quarters and set aside, creating four boats. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with a tablespoon or two of olive, place skin side up on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, turning the boats flesh side up halfway through cooking time, and set aside. Meanwhile, chop the eggplant flesh, discarding any particularly seedy portions. In a medium sauté pan, cook chopped eggplant and leek in 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat until softened, about 5–6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, another two minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes, and turn off heat. Add Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dressing and brown rice and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. To assemble the boats, divide rice mixture among the eggplant boats, and top with cheese. Bake in oven, loosely covered with foil, until cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- 1. These can be made ahead up until assembly and kept in refrigerator. Add 15 minutes to cook time of the assembled eggplant boats.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.