Roasted Baby Carrots with Honey and Wheat Berries
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 15 m
- Total 30 m
- 1½ pounds small carrots (with tops)
- 1 teaspoon Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley® Cucumber Ranch Dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups cooked farro, wheatberries or quinoa (cooled)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2. Scrub and trim the carrots, leave about 1 inch of green tops. Reserve the stems and leaves. Use the carrot tops in addition to the carrots in this recipe so as not to waste any part of the vegetable. The carrot greens will add a fresh vegetable note to the salad.
- 3. Peel 2 carrots and set aside. Mix the remaining carrots with olive oil in a roasting pan. Sauté on medium heat until the carrots begin to brown. Add Hidden Valley® Original Ranch®: Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix and honey. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for 10 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- 4. Chop the reserved carrot stems, tops and parsley. Mix in ¼ cup olive oil and lemon juice and toss half the carrot stems and tops mixture in with the grains, and the other half with the roasted carrots.
- 5. Add ¼ cup of Hidden Valley® Cucumber Ranch Dressing to the grains and mix well. With a vegetable peeler, peel the 2 uncooked carrots to make ribbons. Then toss carrot ribbons with the roasted carrots.
- 6. Finally, arrange the cooked and cooled grains on a plate, divide roasted carrots between the plates over the grains. Next, top each plate with the carrot top mixture and serve.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.