Roasted Beet and Walnut Salad
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 1 h
- Total 1 h 20 m
- 1½ pounds medium beets, scrubbed and trimmed, any color
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups baby arugula or spinach
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch® Original Ranch
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2. Coat the beets evenly with the olive oil, and wrap each individual beet in aluminum foil.
- 3. Place on a sheet pan and roast in the oven until the beets can be easily pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes–1 hour.
- 4. Remove, and as soon as the beets are cool enough to handle, unwrap them and peel off the skins.
- 5. Cut beets into wedges and set aside.
- 6. When ready to plate, toss the beets with the arugula.
- 7. Divide between 4 plates. Scatter walnuts over the top, and drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Serve immediately.
Note: When selecting beets, you can choose one color or a mix. Red beets tend to have an earthier taste while yellow are a little milder and sweet. When it comes to peeling beets, you can use a paring knife or if they’ve been cooked properly, the skins may be easy to slip off by hand. Keep in mind though, that if you're using red beets, it’s best to use rubber gloves for peeling because they may stain.