Roasted Eggplant with Chiles and Fresh Herbs
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 20 m
- Total 40 m
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bunch scallions (sliced thin)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup each fresh basil, parsley and cilantro
- 6 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Sriracha Ranch®
- salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- 2. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, then slice into ½-inch slices. Then, thinly slice the softened red peppers. Next, toss the eggplant and pepper with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Once the oven is warm, roast the eggplant and peppers until tender, about 15 minutes. By roasting the softened peppers you save waste by using them before they go bad. Then, add the sliced scallions and minced garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh basil, parsley and cilantro. Plate the vegetable mixture and spread 1 tablespoon of Hidden Valley® Sriracha Ranch Dressing on each plate and serve.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.