Simple Potato Pancakes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (6 ounce) sliced corned beef
- 2 large Idaho potatoes grated, or russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Dressing
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- 2. Press the grated potatoes between a few layers of paper towel until most of the moisture has been relelased.
- 3. In a large bowl, Combine the potatoes, with the corn starch and 2 tablespoons of the dressing and mix until well coated.
- 4. In a large skillet, over medium heat, add half the oil and heat until shimmering.
- 5. Cook the potatoes in batches by dropping the potato mixture by the tablepoon into the oil. Cook the potatoes for 5 minutes on each side or until golden adding the remaining oil as needed.
- 6. Keep the potatoes warm in the oven.
- 7. Once the potatoes have all been cooked, fry the slices of corned beef in the same skillet, for about 3 minutes, turning once or until crisp.
- 8. Serve the each pancake on a slice of corned beef and topped with the chives and the remaining dressing on the side.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.