Simple Potato Pancakes
Prep 15 min
- Cook 30 min
- Total 45 min
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (6 ounce) sliced corned beef
- 2 large Idaho potatoes grated, or russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dressing
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- 2. Press the grated potatoes between a few layers of paper towel until most of the moisture has been relelased.
- 3. In a large bowl, Combine the potatoes, with the corn starch and 2 tablespoons of the dressing and mix until well coated.
- 4. In a large skillet, over medium heat, add half the oil and heat until shimmering.
- 5. Cook the potatoes in batches by dropping the potato mixture by the tablepoon into the oil. Cook the potatoes for 5 minutes on each side or until golden adding the remaining oil as needed.
- 6. Keep the potatoes warm in the oven.
- 7. Once the potatoes have all been cooked, fry the slices of corned beef in the same skillet, for about 3 minutes, turning once or until crisp.
- 8. Serve the each pancake on a slice of corned beef and topped with the chives and the remaining dressing on the side.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA
For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.