Sirloin Steak and Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Prep 45 m
- Cook 45 m
- Total 1 h 30 m
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- 1 cup uncooked barley
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak cut 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 2 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas lightly toasted, cut into 6 wedges each
- 2 medium green bell peppers cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free herb seasoning
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce
- 4 large Roma tomatoes cut into wedges
- 8 ounces baby carrots peeled
- olive oil spray
- 1. Prepare barley according to package directions. Rinse, drain, and allow to cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3. In a medium bowl, add the olive oil, herb seasoning, and dill, and whisk until emulsified. Add the tomatoes, carrots, and peppers and mix until well coated. Place the vegetables on a flat, nonstick oven pan and roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- 4. Preheat the grill.
- 5. Season the steak with black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Grill the steak over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill uncovered, for 5-7 minutes on each side for medium-rare, turning once. Remove the meat from the grill, allow to rest, covered, for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 6. Divide the lettuce leaves between 4 dinner plates. Top the lettuce with even amounts of the barley, vegetables, and steak. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons of the dressing and the toasted pita bread.