Slow Cooker Ranch Beef Stew
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 9 h
- Total 9 h 20 m
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 (1 oz.) packages Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dressing
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs. beef stew meat, cut into bite size chunks
- 5 baby red potatoes, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- ¼ cup 2% milk or your preferred milk/milk alternative
- 1 cup peas (thawed if from frozen)
- 1. Add 1 cup of the broth, the ranch seasoning, tomato paste, sugar and black pepper to a large 6 quart slow cooker. Whisk until well combined. Whisk in the remaining broth.
- 2. Add the beef, potatoes, onion, mushrooms, carrots, celery and garlic. Stir well.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 8–9 hours.
Add the corn starch and milk to a small bowl. Whisk to dissolve. Add the corn starch mixture and peas to the slow cooker. Stir well. Cover and increase the heat to high. Cook for 30 more minutes to thicken the stew.
Give this stew more flavor by searing the beef before placing into the slow cooker. Make sure your pan is hot with a thin coating of oil and gently set the pieces of meat in the pan for a few minutes on each side, until browned. This will caramelize the beef and give your soup a complex, savory flavor!