Slow Cooker Ranch Carnitas
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 8 h
- Total 8 h 15 m
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3-lbs. boneless pork shoulder
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 orange, halved
- Tortillas and desired toppings (see instructions below) for serving
- 1. In a small bowl, stir the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix with the olive oil. Rub the mixture all over the surface of the meat.
- 2. Place the pork in a slow cooker and top with the onion. Squeeze the orange juice over the meat and place the two spent halves into the pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- 3. Once the meat is cooked and cool enough, pull apart with a fork.
- 4. Serve with tortillas and desired toppings (cabbage, sour cream and avocado work well).
- 5. For a more traditional preparation, heat a large sauté pan coated with olive oil over high heat. Press the carnitas into the pan and cook until crusty on one side before serving.