Slow Cooker Spicy Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 10-oz. cans diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 qts low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- 1 lb bag frozen corn
- 2 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
- tortilla chips
- lime wedges
- queso fresco
- 1. Place the cubed chicken at the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Add cumin, oregano and hot sauce, and stir well to coat the chicken with the seasonings.
- 2. Place the 2 cans of diced tomatoes with chiles, along with the onion and garlic in a blender. Puree this mixture, and add to the slow cooker. Next, add the chicken broth and black beans. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- 3. During the last 30 minutes, mix the ranch dressing and the bag of frozen corn together in a bowl, then pour into the slow cooker and stir. Add the shredded corn tortillas, and stir again. When ready to serve, ladle into bowls, and top with tortilla chips, cilantro, avocado, lime wedges and queso fresco.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.