Slow Cooker White Bean Ranch Dip
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 8 h
- Total 8 h 10 m
- 1 cup dried white beans
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried dill or 3 tablespoons fresh dill, or to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1. Place dried white beans in a bowl, and then fill with water to cover the beans by at least 2 inches. Soak overnight.
- 2. Drain off all the water and add them to a slow cooker, preferably one that is 3 quarts in size. Fill the slow cooker with enough water to cover the beans by at least an inch. Add in the garlic cloves. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for about 8 hours or on high for 4 hours, or until beans are very soft. Remove the beans from the liquid, and set liquid aside for later use.
- 3. Place the beans into a blender. Add in the Hidden Valley® Ranch packet, olive oil and dill to taste. Blend until creamy. If desired, add in reserved liquid, about ¼ cup at a time, and blend until dip is desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve with crackers, vegetables or chips.
NOTE: 2 cans of white beans, drained, can be substituted for the dried beans and garlic. If canned beans are used, skip Steps 1 and 2 in the instructions.