Smoky Bean Dip
Write a review
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Creamy Spinach Parmesan Warm Dip & Appetizer Mix
- 2 strips thick-sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 8-ounce bricks softened cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup diced tomato
- ¾ cup lightly crushed white beans
- 1. Place bacon in a cold pan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fat has rendered out and bacon is crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Add butter to the bacon fat. When foaming, add onions. Cook, stirring often, until softened and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Stir in the cayenne pepper and smoked paprika and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, add softened cream cheese, milk, and contents of packet to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Whisk until blended. Place back in microwave and heat on high for additional 2½ minutes. Whisk until well blended. Stir in onion mixture, tomatoes, crushed white beans, and bacon, leaving a few crumbles to sprinkle on top.
- 3. Refrigerate or discard any unused portions within 2 hours of heating.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.