Southwestern Chicken & Cornbread Salad
Southwestern Chicken & Cornbread Salad Recipe
- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 40 min.
- Main Ingredient Chicken
- Main Ingredient Rice/Grain
- Main Ingredient Veggie
- Meals & Dishes Dinner
- Meals & Dishes Lunch
- Meals & Dishes Salads
So easy to make. I make double recipe of cornbread and save the 6 muffins. Color and texture combination create a beautiful dish pretty enough for a centerpiece. The combined flavors make this a sure family favorite. Highly recommend.
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) drained whole kernel sweet corn
- 1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans rinsed, drained
- 1 can (2¼ ounces) sliced, ripe olives
- 1 cup diced bell pepper assorted colors
- 1 cup divided Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Spicy Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup (about 2 medium) seeded, diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 6 cornbread muffins very dry, coarsely crumbled, divided
- In large, clear salad bowl or trifle dish, layer half of the cornbread, followed by next three ingredients. Top with ½ cup of the dressing. Layer next four ingredients, remaining cornbread, and remaining dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
For more delicious recipes go to Hiddenvalley.com
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.
Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 53 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by PGG0519 P Gresham I love this salad!!! One of my Co-workers made this salad and it blew me away!!! She gave me the info of where she retrieved the recipe, So i registered on Hidden Valley to give this salad thumbs up!!! 10.21.15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maybaby Simple and Tasty Salad I found this recipe very easy and quick. It has so many ingredients in it and they all taste great1 05.25.14
Rated 5 out of 5 by ttaylor2u Looked so Appetizing Easy to make and tastes terrific! I found this to be a great salad for the family dinner. Highly recommend it! 05.16.14
Rated 5 out of 5 by deshae78 Try Something Different! This recipe really caught my eye. It is very different than what I would normally prepare/eat/serve, but the photo & recipe itself intrigued me so much, I had to give it a try. I am a big fan of all the individual ingredients, but I have never seen a recipe like this before. I think it came out pretty good. I have only made it once so far, but I plan on making it again & I think it will be even better next time. I really love the beans in the recipe because they are so healthy for you. This is definitely an interesting recipe that everyone should try! 04.28.14
- 2016-02-06 T06:44:37.626-06:00
- bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
- cp-1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_53, tr_53
- loc_en_US, sid_RECIPE_7, prod, sort_default
6-8 PT40M 4.7 of 5