Spicy Ranch® Cheese Straws
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 10 m
- Total 30 m
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- ¼ teaspoon. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place one rack in top third of the oven, the other in lower third. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. Combine cheese, Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water to make the egg wash. Set aside.
- 4. Place one piece of the pastry dough vertically in front of you on a floured work surface. Cut in half crosswise. Brush both rectangles with the egg wash. Distribute the cheese mixture evenly onto the pastry, pressing down lightly so it adheres to the dough. Flip one rectangle so the cheese side is down. Brush with egg wash and place the second rectangle on top so cheese is on the outside of both rectangles.
- 5. Cut dough lengthwise into ½-inch strips. Twist the strips and pinch the ends so the shape holds. Place on baking sheet leaving 1 inch between each cheese straw.
- 6. Bake for 10 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- 1. Make ahead and freeze.
- 2. Use your favorite cheese for a different flavor.