Spinach Tortellini with Roasted Red Peppers
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped, fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers or pimentos, rinsed, drained
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) fresh spinach tortellini
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled, minced
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 3. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the peppers, basil, and walnuts. Add the dressing, and cook stirring until well coated and heated through.
- 4. Serve Immediately garnished with the fresh basil leaves.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.