Prep: 10 m | Cook: 25 m
Spring Ranch Risotto with Asparagus and Peas
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 25 m
- Total 35 m
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice or carnaroli rice
- 4-5 cups vegetable or chicken broth heated if possible
- 1 bunch thin asparagus ends trimmed, stalks cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 3-4 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch®
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium pot or sauté pan. Add rice, and stir for 2–3 minutes, coating the rice well with the oil.
- 2. Add ½ cup of the broth, and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is almost all absorbed. Continue adding ½ cup broth at a time using this same method, until the liquid is creamy and the rice is cooked through but not too soft, about 20–25 minutes total. If you start with cold broth, it may take a little bit longer. Taste as you’re getting near the end to check for doneness. It’s OK if you don’t use all the broth.
- 3. With your last addition of broth, add the asparagus. Stir in the peas about 2 minutes before the risotto is done. Remove from heat and stir in the ranch dressing, using more or less depending on how loose you want the risotto. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve hot.
- 4. Tip: To boost this dish with protein, stir in chopped cooked bacon or ham at the end when you stir in the peas.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.