Prep: 10 m | Cook: 20 m
Sunny’s Roasted Ranch Potatoes and Onions
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 20 m
- Total 30 m
- ¼ cup olive oil give or take
- 1 pound pearl onions* peeled, halved, (frozen is fine, thaw before slicing & roasting)
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- *Substitute 1 cup roughly chopped sweet onion if no pearl onions are available.
- 1. Boil and sliced potatoes. In a large pot over high heat, add the potatoes and cover with water by 1-inch. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then add a pinch of salt, reduce the heat and simmer until slightly tender, but not easily poked by a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and pour put them onto a baking sheet to cool completely. Once cool, cut them in half or smaller for bite-sized pieces.
- 2. Saute potatoes and onions. In a large pan on medium-high heat add the olive oil. It should cover the bottom with 1/8-inch of oil, if too much, don't use all the oil, if not enough, add more. When the oil begins to swirl, add the potatoes, onion and Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, tossing to combine, then allowing to rest and cook. Once a crust forms on the bottom, give the pan a toss or flip potatoes and onions with a spatula, then allow them to crisp on the other side, about 3 minutes. Remove to a serving bowl with slotted spoon.
- 3. Substitute 1 cup roughly chopped sweet onion if no pearl onions are available.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.