Prep: 20 m | Cook: 8 h
Sunny’s Spicy Ranch Grilled Chicken Salad Wrap
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 8 h
- Total 8 h 20 m
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 head crisp, leafy lettuce rinsed, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled, cut into 4 long spears
- 2 chicken butterflied, breasts
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 8-inch tortillas or sandwich wraps, warmed to make flexible
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Marinate the chicken. In a large plastic bag place chicken, Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and hot sauce. Rest on the counter up to two hours or refrigerate overnight. If refrigerating, be sure to rest chicken at room temperature for up to two hours before grilling.
- 2. Grill the chicken. Heat a grill pan to medium high. Remove chicken from marinade, removing excess marinade and discarding. Drizzle olive oil over both chicken breasts and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place smooth side down on the grill. Cook until chicken releases easily and grill marks show, about 5 minutes, then flip and cook 3-5 minutes more. Remove to a plate and rest while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- 3. Grill the carrots. Drizzle olive oil over carrot spears and season with salt and pepper. Place spears on medium-high grill and cook until limber and charred on all sides, about 10 minutes total. Remove to a plate.
- 4. Make salad. In a large bowl add red onion, celery, lettuce, Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and hot sauce. Chop cooled chicken and add to the bowl. Chop grilled carrots and add as well. Toss to combine.
- 5. Make wrap. Place wrap on a flat surface and scoop 1 quarter of the salad into the center making sure to spread it across the center without touching the edges. Fold both ends in over the salad, then tuck the long end over and begin to roll tightly until done. Secure with a toothpick or wrap with parchment paper and aluminum foil. Refrigerate and serve chilled or at room temperature.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.